| || |
This was a 10,000 square foot renovation of a three-story academic building originally constructed in 1914. The entire sprinkler, HVAC and electrical systems were replaced while retaining as much of the original partition layout as possible. The original heart pine floors were restored and the existing double hung windows were replaced with glazed, true divided lite solid mahogany windows. Approximately half the original doors were retained and a masonry restoration was completed on the entire building. Seventy percent of the academic classes at Hollins are conducted in this building.
Architect | Hanbury, Evans, Newill, Vlattas & Company,
| || |
Corporate Headquarters and Roanoke Office
130 Church Avenue, Roanoke, Virginia 24011
Post Office Box 2140, Roanoke, Virginia 24009
Voice: 540-343-6749 - Fax: 540-343-6031